Friday, May 6, 2016

Advanced Medical Leadership Training ...on our way

Your prayers are requested for Mission to the World's May 14-22 Advanced Medical Leadership Training taking place this year in El Salvador.  It's a jam-packed, 8-day-all-day, didactic-plus-practicum-clinics training (cultural, spiritual & practical) intended to prepare new servants to safely & effectively lead medical teams in the often-dangerous but gospel-needy developing world.  


MTW Medical-Health receives >50 requests per year globally for this tool of church-planting and encouragement to our missionaries and national pastors or MDs overseas,  Sadly, we sometimes cannot meet a request due to shortages of trained volunteers to lead them, as well as lack of servants - medical, dental and non-clinical ones alike.  Note: I've still openings (mainly providers, dental professionals & therapists) on my July- and September-assigned teams if you want to email me or message me on Facebook... or contact medical@mtw.org if those months are not open for you. 


My sweet hubby Ash is going as one of the 20 participants, since in March he was approved as co-missionary with me!  Craig, Linda, Marla, Mary Ellen, Mary Fran & Won are some of my 'fav' teammates and will also be there - who says missionaries can't have fun?!  
I'll be on faculty doing whatever I can to encourage them to step out in faith and watch God enable them to lead a team.  Mind you though, after 11 years of serving full-time as a medical-missionary, I am still ever-the-student myself, relying on Holy Spirit, your prayers and much, much grace in all areas: clinical, relational and spiritual!  


Matthew 9:35  And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and preaching the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every infirmity.
To God be all the glory!


4 comments:

  1. My prayers travel with you! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet sister! I treasure your priceless prayers and our friendship!

      Delete